[Coral-List] PBS Digital Studios UnderH2O Web Series

Craig Musburger craig at musburger.com
Tue Jun 4 14:59:41 EDT 2013

Hi coral-listers,

I wanted to let you all know about a series we are producing for PBS
Digital Studios that is available for free online at
http://www.youtube.com/underh2oshow

To date, we have released 4 episodes and a new one will come out every
other Tuesday. The series combines marine science with the challenges of
underwater film making. We have been getting great responses from
educators who are using the videos in their classrooms. Please feel free
to share with your students and colleagues.

The 4th episode just went live at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR1gP5S6Bsk

In this episode, our team visits a part of the marine world that often
goes unexplored by scientists and cameramen alike: the intertidal. The
intertidal is the area between the lowest low tide and the highest high
tide, and it is only accessible for the brief window of time when the
tide goes out. It is one of the most difficult environments for any
marine organism to live as the plants and animals there must deal with
changing temperature, salinity, and the relentless pounding from waves.
The intertidal is also an extremely difficult area to film - even though
many of the areas where we went for this episode are only a few inches deep!

Previous episodes currently available include a night dive with manta
rays, a wreck dive on a WWII Corsair fighter plane, and a harrowing dive
on the active lava flow on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Please help get the word out if you enjoy the series!

Aloha,
Craig
--
*Craig Musburger, Ph.D.*