[Coral-List] Session Announcement for the 2013 AGU Fall Meeting

Moyer, Ryan Ryan.Moyer at MyFWC.com
Wed Jun 26 11:38:15 EDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

We invite you to submit abstracts to our session in Paleoceanography & Paleoclimatology, which is focused on the history of Earth's carbon cycle.

PP028.  Reconstructing past carbon cycle perturbations: Novel Developments and Applications

Summary:  Anthropogenic carbon emissions affect the ocean in multiple ways, including warming, acidification and deoxygenation. The implications for marine ecosystems are potentially large, but still poorly constrained.  Reconstructions of past seawater properties and atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) can elucidate the patterns and drivers of natural environmental change, shedding light on the operation of the ocean-climate system and providing valuable context for modern ocean acidification. We welcome submissions that advance our understanding of past and future carbon cycle perturbations through proxy development, proxy applications, and modeling approaches.

Invited speakers include:
Richard Zeebe (SOEST/U. Hawaii)
Appy Sluijs (Utrecht)
Yige Zhang (Yale)

You can see the full session advertisement at  https://sites.google.com/site/ryanpmoyer/PPCCyclesessionAd.pdf

We look forward to hearing from you.  Please contact us if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Jesse Farmer, Columbia University
Ryan Moyer, Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute
Kat Allen, Columbia University
Bärbel Hönisch, LDEO-Columbia University

Ryan P. Moyer, Ph.D.
Associate Research Scientist
Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
100 Eighth Ave. SE
St. Petersburg FL 33701 USA

Email: ryan.moyer at myfwc.com
Tel: 1-727-892-4153 (office)