[Coral-List] Aiptasia sp bleaching induced and reinfection with zooxanthellae

Angélica Batista baaatichica at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 5 10:56:48 EST 2013

I'm developing an academic exercise for undergraduate students on the issue of climate change. I want to induce bleaching in anemones Aiptasia, and then infecting them with of zooxanthellae cultured in the laboratory. I'll grateful if some of you could share me any strategy to induce bleaching without anemones die, And if exist any protocol or studies that may suggest me related, and if you have any recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

Angelica

Angelica Ma. Batista-Morales
MSc. Student and Graduate Assistant of Experimental Marine Studies
M.Sc. Biological Sciences, Ecology and Evolution
Universidad de Los Andes
Tel. (+57) (+1) 3394949 Ext.. 3194

am.batista10 at uniandes.edu.co