[Coral-List] MPAs as mitigation?

Bastiaan Vermonden bastiaan.vermonden at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 10:48:45 EST 2013

Dear Jessica,

In the Netherlands it is quite common to undertake nature compensation
projects so maybe this project is interesting for you: "marine reserve is
planned in the Voordelta to compensate for the loss of nature due to the
construction of the second Maasvlakte (MVII)."

http://www.vliz.be/imis/oma/imis.php?refid=102892

I also wonder there if there are these types of projects in Australia
especially in relation to building new ports for coal shipping? Does anyone
know anything about this?

Kind regards,

Bastiaan