[Coral-List] 8 week professional development and experience programme in the Philippines - subsidised positions available for 22nd April start date

Chloe Hunt hunt.chloe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 01:03:49 EDT 2013

We are looking for candidates to support the UNEP Green Fins project
for 8 weeks in the Philippines. This unique project has been
established in Asia since 2004. We are looking for individuals to
support the project through a professional development and training
programme with Zoox Ltd. Following intensive training, coordinators
will then go on to manage the Green Fins project on a site level
conducting training and Green Fins assessments of Dive Centres.

Zoox aims to support those who wish to develop practical and
professional skills and the Zoox Experience Programme is not only
beneficial to the project but also you as an individual wishing to
further your career. The successful applicants will be passionate
about a future career in the marine science and/or conservation
sector. Successful candidates might have a degree in Marine Science or
related field and have a minimum of 50 dives (for the diving
placements – Green Fins) and an internationally recognised SCUBA
diving qualification. Additional assignments or projects will be
designed around each individual’s strengths, interests and future
career desires in order to better their experience.

Placement Details

Training – The first two to three weeks of the placement involves
intensive training where you will be given all the information and
tools you need for your assignment. The training includes Zoox’s
unique Training Modules (see website) and will include private
individual sessions with you through the Professional Development
programme.

Accommodation – Zoox will arrange accommodation for you before arrival
but it not included in the price.

Locations – We have four project locations in 2013. They are:
4 placements in Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro starting on the 22nd
Apr to 16th June ** SUBSIDISED PLACEMENTS STILL AVAILABLE **
4 placements in Moalboal, Cebu starting on the 18th November to 12 Jan 2014
3 placements in Malapascua, Cebu starting on the 18th November to 12 Jan 2014
3 placements in El Nido, Palawan starting on the 18th November to 12 Jan 2014

Price - ** A recent grant means that we can now offer subsidised
placements at only £1,050 for the 22nd April start date.**

The unsubsidised cost is GBP £1,500 which will pay for training and
module handouts, the Zoox ‘Welcome Pack’ , your Zoox polo shirt, your
project coordinator polo shirt, a tough beach bag, unique splash-proof
document wallet, a welcome dinner and party, shake down dives, lunch
during all training days, travel during training and close
coordination and support while you are on the placement for a minimum
of 8 weeks and your certificates. The end of the placement doesn’t
mark the end of our cooperation. We will have a Professional
Development Feedback Session (2-3 hours) where we’ll identify the
skills you have developed and what jobs you will then be eligible for
and then even when you have returned home we will provide you with a
reference and on-going e-mail support in many cases.

The individual is expected to cover all additional costs including
flights, insurance, visas and personal costs . Please visit the Zoox
website to see an estimate of these costs on the Philippine page.

The skills you’ll develop which are vital for your professional
development and future employment will include:

• Diving skills
• Travel and personal security aspects
• Project and Financial Management
• International Development
• Report Writing
• Understanding of International Environmental Policy Processes
• Negotiation
• Database Management
• Understanding of Global Marine Conservation Funding
• Training Skills
• Presenting to large audiences in a variety of locations
• Developing interpersonal communication skills

How to apply

To apply for these placements you will need to e-mail through your CV
and a cover letter to info at zoox.org.uk explaining why you are
interested in the programme for the Zoox team’s consideration.

Want to know more? Then simply go to www.zoox.org.uk and click on the
Experience tab.

We look forward to hearing from you.

--