[Coral-List] Online Resource for building Career Marine Science

Andrew Lewin andrew.lewin at sympatico.ca
Wed May 1 08:08:15 EDT 2013

Hi Coral Listers,

I am a marine spatial ecologist and I've been a long time subscriber to this list, but an infrequent poster. I love this list as a resource!

I see job postings on this list every once and a while so I thought I would share with the Coral lister group of a Web Show and a premium online membership program that I created to provide people with information on finding jobs and building careers in Marine Science and Conservation. It's a resource that I wished I had when I was first starting out.

The Web Show is called OCC TV and I post videos every week where I either offer tips on building a career in Ocean Conservation and/or I interview a professional in the industry where they share their experiences, successes, and failures as well as offer advice to help you build your career.

Here is the link to all the episodes so far: http://www.speakupforblue.com/category/ocean-conservation-careers

The online membership program that I recently launched is called Ocean Conservation Careers, which is designed to offer you strategies to help you build your career, and continue to build your career in Ocean Conservation. Also included in the program is an online community where you, as a member, can ask specific questions pertaining to your career and can meet other people who are in a similar position and build your own network of people help you out to build a successful career.  There is a small cost associated with this membership.

You can get more information on the membership program here: http://www.oceanconservationcareers.com/

I speak to every new member who registers for the membership over Skype/Phone to discuss their career goals and try and point them in the right direction for their future. My current members love this part of the membership!

Please forward this message to anyone who you might think would benefit from this resource.

Best Regards,

Andrew

Andrew Lewin, M.Sc., Adv. Dipl. GIS

Founder, SpeakUpForBlue.com