[Coral-List] Fwd: Rolex Awards for Enterprise 2014: Call for applications

Flavia Nunes nunesf at gmail.com
Fri May 17 09:00:47 EDT 2013

This could be of interest to members of the coral list.

 *THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MAY 31ST*

* *

Dear All,

I am writing to encourage you once again to spread news of the latest call
for applications to the Rolex Awards for Enterprise. Rolex Awards are given
every two years and the closing date for this round is *May 31st 2013*.

We would like to have a similar impact on the 2014 awards as we did on the
2012 selections – three of whom came through IUCN channels. This year is
exclusively devoted to young candidates however (those between the ages of
18 & 30). Applicants are asked to submit projects that tackle the world’s
most pressing issues in five areas: science and health, applied technology,
exploration and discovery, the environment, and cultural heritage. Projects
are judged on their feasibility, originality, potential for sustained
impact and, above all, on the candidates’ spirit of enterprise.

Each Young Laureate will receive 50,000 Swiss francs over a period of two
years. In addition, Rolex ensures all winners receive access to its network
of more than 100 past Laureates, as well as the benefit of international
publicity through media coverage and the Rolex Awards website.

Please apply yourselves or encourage anyone you know who might be suitable
to visit the Rolex Awards website through the link on the left of the
species pages on the IUCN Red List and apply! You can see the button on
every species page but here is an example:

http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/38547/0

Do feel free to re-send this message through any networks you are plugged
into, we only ask that those that apply mention IUCN so that Rolex can see
our involvement. Please don’t hesitate to contact Jeremy Harris (
Jeremy.harris at iucn.org) should you have any further questions.

Best wishes

Simon Stuart
Chair, IUCN SSC

This communication, together with any attachment, may contain confidential
information and/or copyright material and is intended only for the
person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of
this communication, you received it by error and you are asked to please
delete it and promptly notify us. Any review, copying, use, disclosure or
distribution of any part of this communication, unless duly authorized by
or on behalf of IUCN, is strictly forbidden.