[Coral-List] Happy Anniversary

Jim Hendee jim.hendee at noaa.gov
Thu May 23 08:19:28 EDT 2013

Greetings,

    Happy Anniversary, Coral-List Team!  Coral-List began this day, May
23, in 1995, with about 100 subscribers, through the efforts of Louis
Florit (now an Engineering Manager at Apple, Inc.) .  Today we number
7,502 subscribers from all over the world, and we have done well in
informing the public, debating major issues relating to coral
conservation, helping to fightThe Good Cause, and informing policy
makerson issues of major concern.  Yay, Team!

    The Coral-List Archives from May, 1995 to March, 2003, maybe found here:

    http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/pipermail/coral-list-old/

    The present archives, starting July, 2003 to the present, may be
found here:

    http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/pipermail/coral-list/

    The list was down between the old and the new archives when we
migrated from the old Majordomo software to our present Gnu Mailman
software (currently at version 2.1.9), and configured new servers.  We
also manage several other lists (e.g., for the U.S. Coral Reef Task
Force, Reef Resilience, Coral Reef Injury, etc.)

    Not so long, Tony Piccoloworked with NOAA's Coral Reef Information
System (CoRIS <http://coris.noaa.gov/>) to distill many conversations on
Coral-List topical subjects into "Professional Exchanges," which may be
found here:

    http://coris.noaa.gov/exchanges/

    Finally, as a reminder, and in case you want to forward this on to
others whomay be interested, theCoral-List guidelines and subscription
page may be found here:

    We would appreciate it if you peruse that page one more time.

    Coral-List is supported by NOAA <http://www.noaa.gov>'s Coral Reef
Conservation Program <http://coralreef.noaa.gov/>, and NOAA's Atlantic
Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory,
<http://www.aoml.noaa.gov>as part of NOAA's Coral Health and Monitoring
Program <http://www.coral.noaa.gov/>, in Miami, Florida, USA.

    Thank you for your continued support!

    Sincerely yours,
        your list administrators,

    Jim Hendee
    Lew Gramer
    Mike Jankulak

     Coral Health and Monitoring Program
     Ocean Chemistry Division
     Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory
     U.S. Department of Commerce
     4301 Rickenbacker Causeway
     Miami, FL  33149-1026
     USA