[Coral-List] Okinawa International Marine Science Program (OIMAP) at the University of the Ryukyus

James Davis Reimer jreimer at sci.u-ryukyu.ac.jp
Sun Nov 24 21:09:19 EST 2013

Dear Coral Listers:

We are pleased to announce that the Okinawa International Marine Science Program (OIMAP) at the University of the Ryukyus in Okinawa, Japan, will receive applicants for the next academic year starting in April 2014.

OIMAP is organized into three fields: 1) Biosciences, 2) Environmental Sciences, and 3) Physics, Chemistry and Mathematical Sciences.

We welcome applications from prospective master’s and doctoral students wishing to conduct research related to marine sciences,  tropical-subtropical island studies, and basic sciences. We offer students access to outstanding facilities, state-of-the-art-equipment and the opportunity to work with leading academics in their chosen field of study. OIMAP aims to build advanced research networks and core research and education hubs in the Asia Pacific region, and students are expected to acquire globally-proficient scientific skills.

More details can be found at:
http://www.sci.u-ryukyu.ac.jp/index.php?id=85

Please note that the deadline for application submission is December 20, 2013.

If you have any questions related to OIMAP, the University of the Ryukyus, or Okinawa, please do not hesitate to contact me.

sincerely,

James Davis Reimer
University of the Ryukyus - Associate Professor

MISE (Molecular Invertebrate Systematics and Ecology) Lab
Department of Biology, Chemistry & Marine Sciences
Faculty of Science
University of the Ryukyus
1 Senbaru, Nishihara, Okinawa
JAPAN 903-0213