[Coral-List] Improved annotations for coral transcriptomes

Mikhail Matz matz at utexas.edu
Sat Oct 5 13:44:06 EDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

It is our pleasure to present extended annotations (gene names, GO terms, and KEGG terms) for the transcriptomes of four coral species:

Acropora millepora
Acropora hyacinthus
Acropora tenuis
Porites astreoides

The transcriptomes and annotations  can be downloaded from here: http://www.bio.utexas.edu/research/matz_lab/matzlab/Data.html.

These annotations capitalized upon the in-depth annotations of Acropora digitifera proteome, which were described in this paper: http://biomedcentral.com/1471-2164/14/509 and are available for search at ZoophyteBase: http://bioserv7.bioinfo.pbf.hr/Zoophyte/registration/login.jsp .

The process of annotating coral transcriptomes by merging earlier and newly available coral annotations is described in detail in this document: http://www.bio.utexas.edu/research/matz_lab/matzlab/Data_files/merging_coral_annotations_Sep2013.pdf
If you would like to annotate your own coral transcriptome using the same pipeline, contact Mikhail Matz (matz at utexas.edu) for scripts.

If you would like to BLAST your sequence against these transcriptomes, use this link:  http://50.56.218.14:4567/

All these data are free for unconditional use in academic research; two of the transcriptomes (A.hyacinthus and A.tenuis) are being shared prior to publication.
We urge all the members of the coral research community involved in genomics to share their data early and without restrictions.

Sincerely,

Mikhail V. Matz, University of Texas at Austin
Paul F. Long, King’s College London
Daslav Hranueli, University of Zagreb