[Coral-List] Tenure track (Assistant or Associate Professor) position in MARINE ECOLOGY at Florida International University

Mauricio Rodriguez-Lanetty rodmauri at fiu.edu
Sun Oct 20 17:12:02 EDT 2013

Florida International University is a comprehensive university offering 340 majors in 188 degree programs in 23 colleges and schools<http://main.fiu.edu/academics/colleges-schools/index.html>, with innovative bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs across all disciplines including medicine, public health, law, journalism, hospitality, and architecture. FIU is Carnegie-designated as both a research university with high research activity and a community-engaged university. Located in the heart of the dynamic south Florida urban region, our multiple campuses serve over 50,000 students, placing FIU among the ten largest universities in the nation. Our annual research expenditures in excess of $100 million and our deep commitment to engagement have made FIU the go-to solutions center for issues ranging from local to global. FIU leads the nation in granting bachelor’s degrees, including in the STEM fields, to minority students and is first in awarding STEM master’s degrees to Hispanics. Our students, faculty, and staff reflect Miami’s diverse population, earning FIU the designation of Hispanic-Serving Institution. At FIU, we are proud to be ‘Worlds Ahead’! For more information about FIU, visit fiu.edu<http://www.fiu.edu/>.

The Department of Biological Sciences at Florida International University (http://biology.fiu.edu/) is seeking applicants for a tenure track (Assistant or Associate Professor) position in MARINE ECOLOGY.  Applicants from all areas of Marine Ecology are welcome.  The Department of Biological Sciences has 4,700 majors and 120 graduate students in fields ranging from cell and molecular biology to evolution and ecology.The successful candidate will participate in the Marine Science Program (http://casgroup.fiu.edu/marine/), a new and growing interdisciplinary initiative emphasizing research and teaching in coastal marine science. The Marine Science Program is housed in a recently completed building in FIU Biscayne Bay Campus in the city of North Miami, and currently is home to 12 research laboratories, 2 teaching laboratories, wet labs, a mesocosm facility, and running sea water systems. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain an externally funded research program, supervise graduate students in our Ph.D. program, as well as teach undergraduate courses including an Ecology course for Biology and Marine Biology majors and other courses in their areas of expertise. Position is contingent upon funding.

Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to Job Opening ID 506780 at careers.fiu.edu<http://careers.fiu.edu/> and attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a summary of research interests and teaching goals in a single pdf file. In addition, applicants should arrange for three letters of reference to be sent directly to Valerie Hall at hallv at fiu.edu<mailto:hallv at fiu.edu>. To receive full consideration, applications and required materials should be received by December 1, 2013.  Review will continue until position is filled.

FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer.

--

Dr. Mauricio Rodriguez-Lanetty
Assistant Professor
Department of Biological Sciences