[Coral-List] Artificial Reefs

Ulf Erlingsson ceo at lindorm.com
Wed Oct 30 11:34:36 EDT 2013

Good point, Doug, about the word "reef" describing a morphological feature of certain characteristics (almost regardless of origin; there are sand reefs, for instance - but a common denominator seems to be a linear extension; an isolated shoal is hardly a "reef" in nautical parlance). This makes it even more important to avoid the term "artificial reef"; since reef is by definition something unwanted...

Ulf