[Coral-List] Shifting baselines

Eugene Shinn eugeneshinn at mail.usf.edu
Tue Sep 17 10:34:56 EDT 2013

Yes listers, I read Reef Reminiscences. It was very good but all the
authors were biologists. No geologists! Manyany of you know that reef
studies started with geologists. I guess it is just sour grapes. As for
the question of listing and changing species names lawyers will relish
the problem and fix it with your tax money. That is what listing is all
about. And Dennis, I was at the "Coral Reef Love In" that geologist Bob
Ginsburg put together (seems like yesterday). I remember asking the
question, "had we listed /Diadema/ when it started dying in 1983 would
there be more today?" Umm Gene

--

No Rocks, No Water, No Ecosystem (EAS)
E. A. Shinn, Courtesy Professor