[Coral-List] Geologists and deep time

Michael Risk riskmj at mcmaster.ca
Thu Sep 19 11:53:02 EDT 2013

I am not sure of the purpose of this comment, other than to waste Inbox space of the 4,000-odd subscribers to this List.

Had you asked me, I would have said: reefs have died like flies from climate change all through the Phanerozoic. The MOST RAPID recolonisation was the 1,000 years it took reefs to reoccupy the shelves during the Holocene Transgression. Usually, they vanish for 10's of millions of years. We are now facing a rate of climate change never previously seen.

You should have asked a smarter geologist.

Mike