[Coral-List] Drill

andrew ross andyroo_of72 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 28 12:19:04 EDT 2013

Thanks to all who've provided advice.
Sorry for the delay in responding/reporting, we're actually getting set up to start using (testing?) some of the drill(s) now. We're concentrating on bottom-end-cheap (I.E.: more or less disposable), as most of the respondents suggested. Others said to go top-end, but I couldn't stomach the US $1500 (incl. import & duties) price-tag, at least not for this project. Only one person suggested a middle-ground, which we thought carefully about as "secondary backup", but ran out of time to research further.
We may also get access to a hydraulic system for comparison.

Will report properly and personally to respondents once we get bloody-knuckles and can add a little insight of our own.
The limestone pavement we're dealing with is... solid, to say the least.
Andrew