[Coral-List] post reminders to Coral-List

Curt Storlazzi cstorlazzi at usgs.gov
Wed Apr 16 11:59:40 EDT 2014

Jim,

Maybe we need to send an annual....or maybe monthly or, sadly, weekly....reminder to all who post to: (a) provide some summary bullets if their post or diatribe exceeds one or two paragraphs; and (b) to not include every part of every preceding e-mail in a reply to an ongoing discussion, as some posts regularly include the 3-5 preceding e-mails and last for pages.

Maybe with gray hair I'm getting a little more curmudgeonly, but it saddens me when people believe their posts are too important to follow the rules your team has established to keep this important vehicle for communication in our field running smoothly.

I think I speak for most in that we all really enjoy it and depend our your group's efforts to keep it going. Thanks a bunch and have a wonderful rest of your week!

Curt

ciao.....
Curt Storlazzi, Ph.D.
U.S. Geological Survey
Pacific Coastal and Marine Science Center
400 Natural Bridges Drive
Santa Cruz, CA  95060
(831) 460-7521 phone
(831) 427-4748 fax