[Coral-List] Invitation to Survey on Coral Reef Watch Products – $5 Amazon Appreciation Gift

Mark Eakin - NOAA Federal mark.eakin at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 21 17:22:20 EDT 2014

I’m forwarding this to the list for Susan Lynds from the Univ. of Colorado, who is conducting this work as part of a NASA-funded project. We would appreciate your help on this.

Cheers,
Mark

-----------------------

> Subject:  Invitation to Survey on Coral Reef Watch Products – $5 Amazon Appreciation Gift
>
> We invite your feedback on the new suite of high-resolution CRW products.  This product suite supports monitoring and forecasting of coral bleaching due to high temperature. The products provide 100 times finer spatial resolution with up to 50 times more data per pixel than the original 50 km pixel products.  NOAA has released the new CRW global and regional products to advance the capability for managers, researchers, educators, and the public to monitor thermal anomalies and coral bleaching in near-real-time.
>
> The new high-resolution products may be found at the following locations:
> http://www.coralreefwatch.noaa.gov/satellite/product_exp.php
> http://imars.marine.usf.edu/crw-dss/crw-dss-description
>
> Between now and September 7, 2014, we invite you to provide feedback on these CRW tools by completing this brief online survey:
> https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CoralReefWatchHighResolutionProducts
> The first 200 respondents who provide their contact information will receive a $5 Amazon certificate as an appreciation gift. Contact information will not be used for any other purpose than distribution of the gift.
>
> The project evaluators are interested in feedback from coral researchers, coral reef managers, the diving community, government agencies, tourism companies, environmental organizations, and educators.   We would like to know whether the high-resolution products will be useful to you and how they might be improved.
>
> Please contact Susan Lynds at Susan.Lynds at colorado.edu with any questions about the survey or the project evaluation.

C. Mark Eakin, Ph.D.
Coordinator, NOAA Coral Reef Watch
Center for Satellite Applications and Research
Satellite Oceanography & Climate Division
e-mail: mark.eakin at noaa.gov
url: coralreefwatch.noaa.gov

NOAA Center for Weather and Climate Prediction (NCWCP)
5830 University Research Ct., E/RA32
College Park, MD 20740
Office: (301) 683-3320     Fax: (301) 683-3301
Mobile: (301) 502-8608    SOCD Office: (301) 683-3300

"A world without coral reefs is unimaginable."
NOAA Administrator Dr. Jane Lubchenco, March 25 2010