[Coral-List] Paper: Improving the construction of functional models of alternative persistent states in coral reefs using insights from ongoing research programs: a discussion paper

Igor Cruz igorcruz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 07:54:18 EST 2014

I'm happy to notify the on-line publication one of chapters of my thesis
"Improving the construction of functional models of alternative persistent
states in coral reefs using insights from ongoing research programs: a
discussion paper" in Marine Environmental Research. In this paper, we
discuss the need of production of function models of alternative states in
coral reefs and we propose a research program approach for this. Given the
scale of the degradation of coral reefs, the production of these functional
models is necessary for the prevention and management of these alternative
states. We propose that each project within the research program is focused
on a guild or functional group, in order to investigate why theses
populations have increased or decreased.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0141113614000191
or
DOI:dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.marenvres.2014.01.003

Cheers,

Igor
--
Igor Cruz - Biólogo/Biologist

Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro
Doutorando em Ecologia e Evolução/Ph.D. Candidate

M.Sc. Ecologia e Biomonitoramento

Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/4840064726256521

Laboratório de Ecologia Marinha - Instituto de Biologia Roberto Alcantara
Gomes - Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro.
Rua São Francisco Xavier 524, PHLC Sala 220 Maracanã, CEP: 20559-900 - Rio
de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
Grupo de Pesquisa em Recifes de Corais e Mudanças Globais - Instituto de
Geociências - Universidade Federal da Bahia
Rua Barão de Jeremoabo, s/n - Federação - CEP 40170-115 - Salvador - Bahia
Telefone: (71) 88936062 / E-mail: igorcruz at gmail.com / Skype: igorcscruz