[Coral-List] JOB - Coral Reef Research Post-Doctoral Position, Cayman Islands

ccmiapplications at reefresearch.org ccmiapplications at reefresearch.org
Tue Feb 25 19:18:33 EST 2014

Central Caribbean Marine Institute

Coral Reef Research Post-Doctoral Position

   A Post-Doctoral position in tropical marine ecology at the Central Caribbean
   Marine Institute is available at our Little Cayman Research Centre facility
   in the Cayman Islands.  The primary goal of the research is to assess and
   more  fully  understand  factors that influence coral reef resilience.
   Consistent with that goal, we expect that the successful candidate will
   focus his or her research efforts on a relevant area of marine science. The
   research,  however,  should  be  of broad ecological interest.  We are
   particularly interested in attracting innovative, early career scientists
   with demonstrated field and laboratory experience and strong publication
   potential.
   This position will suit a well-rounded research scientist who is comfortable
   in the field and in the laboratory and who has strong analytical skills as
   well as good personal skills. We seek a scientist who will: (1) make an
   original contribution in the understanding of mechanisms underlying coral
   reef resilience, (2) integrate the work into a longer-term research strategy
   for the Central Caribbean Marine Institute, and (3) make substantial and
   effective use of Little Cayman Research Centre facilities.  The ability to
   work independently and in teams on interdisciplinary problems is essential.
   The successful applicant will work closely with Dr. Carrie Manfrino and Dr.
   Tom Frazer.
   Applicants must have a PhD in marine biology, ecology, oceanography or
   related discipline.

   The appointment is a full-time one year position with the possibility of
   extending to two years, contingent on available funding and successful
   evaluation of performance.

   Please     see    full    description    on    our    Jobs    Webpage:
   [1]http://reefresearch.org/jobs/