[Coral-List] South Florida reefs have overcome disease?

Cry of the Water reefteam2 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 6 09:59:05 EST 2014

In South Florida on New Year’s Day I received good news
while reading the morning paper. An article by William Gibson of the Washington
Bureau states “The year brought evidence that federal, state and local efforts
have helped preserve South Florida’s depleted coral reefs, which have overcome
disease and ship groundings to flourish”.
I am looking for any studies to support this claim. It seems
to be in sharp contrast to what we are seeing while diving the local
reefs..  I have been diving in South
Florida for over 35 years and have watched the steady decline in the reefs. I
find the claim that our reefs are flourishing hard to believe.  I am hoping that someone can provide me with
studies and data to prove me wrong.
Bad in DC, good for state on Page B1 of Wednesday, January 01,
2014 issue of Sun Sentinel (Broward)
Dan Clark
Cry of the Water
P.O. Box 8143