[Coral-List] Advances in Marine Biology: MPAs

Magnus Johnson m.johnson at hull.ac.uk
Thu Jan 16 17:11:53 EST 2014

Dear Colleagues,

I am editing a volume of the Advances in Marine Biology series on the topic of Marine Managed Areas and Fisheries.  I have a very impressive list of contributors for various parts of the globe (S. Georgia, California, Hawaii, Chagos, Australia, North Sea, Mediterranean, Indonesia, S. China Sea and a chapter on law and MPAs in an international context).  I did have an author team for the Caribbean but they have just let me know that they will not be able to contribute after all.  The deadline for the draft is May.

Would anyone be interested in writing/contributing to a chapter on this issue in the Caribbean?  I am specifically looking for authors that favour evidence over advocacy and can present a balanced perspective.  It would be a shame for what could be a really interesting volume to lack a Caribbean perspective.

If you are interested and could suggest an author team please could you contact me and point me to your web-site/details of your background?

Best wishes, Magnus