[Coral-List] Name change and identification key for species of the family Aiptasiidae.

Alejandro Grajales alejogr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 18:32:54 EDT 2014

Hello all.

I wanted to raise awareness about the new revision of the family
Aiptasiidae (Anthozoa: Actiniaria) of symbiotic sea anemones recently
published in Zootaxa 3826 (1): 055-100

Despite the fact it looks like self-advertisement, there are several pieces
of information within this monograph that might be useful for the community.

1. The split of the genus *Aiptasia* into *Aiptasia* and *Exaiptasia*.
2. The synonymization of most species within former *Aiptasia*, including *A.
pallida*, *A.pulchella* and *A.californica *into a single widespread species*,
Exaiptasia pallida.*
*3. *An identification key for currently valid species of the family.

I hope this can be of assistance in your future research using this "model
in the rise"

Alejandro Grajales
Department of Invertebrate Zoology
American Museum of Natural History