[Coral-List] Coral Reef Research Leaders

Hughes, Terry terry.hughes at jcu.edu.au
Thu Jul 17 10:04:36 EDT 2014

Coral Reef Research Leaders

The Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies, is seeking to recruit 6 outstanding coral reef research fellows (up to Professorial level) to tenured positions at James Cook University in Townsville. Appointees will develop leadership roles and foster research excellence within the ARC Centre. Generous research funds will be provided to successful candidates.

We are seeking mid- to late-career candidates in three fields:

Social Science
We are particularly interested in applicants with expertise in behavioral economics, development studies, food security, political science, and human geography.

Mathematical Biology
Key areas include theoretical ecology, ecological modelling, and development of novel statistical methods for biological problems.

Ecology
We seek expertise in population and community biology, historical ecology, evolutionary macroecology and biogeography

Closing date: 15 August 2014. Application details, salary levels, and selection criteria are provided at http://www.coralcoe.org.au/about-us/employment-opportunities/coral-research-leaders

For more information about the ARC Centre, see http://www.coralcoe.org.au/

Professor Terry Hughes FAA
ARC Laureate Fellow
Director, ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies
James Cook University, Townsville, QLD 4811
Australia

Link to Terry Hughes Google Scholar profile<http://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=MhJ2LfsAAAAJ>

Email: terry.hughes at jcu.edu.au<mailto:terry.hughes at jcu.edu.au>
Phone: 61 (0)7 4781 4000
Website: http://www.coralcoe.org.au/postdocs/terry-hughes

ABC TV (Catalyst): Future response of the Great Barrier Reef to climate change (8 minutes)
http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/3576802.htm