[Coral-List] PhD Opportunities in Australia

Hughes, Terry terry.hughes at jcu.edu.au
Fri Jul 18 00:57:32 EDT 2014

PhD Opportunities in Australia

The ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies is seeking applications from exceptional students to enrol in PhD research at its four University nodes around Australia (James Cook University, the Australian National University, the University of Queensland and the University of Western Australia). We anticipate recruiting approximately 50 PhD students in 2014/2015. You can read about our current students and their projects at http://www.coralcoe.org.au/people/students

In the first instance, prospective students should initiate a dialogue with potential supervisors listed at http://www.coralcoe.org.au/about-us/phd-opportunities. General enquiries for PhD admission should be sent to the Centre’s Assistant Director, Professor David Yellowlees (david.yellowlees at jcu.edu.au<mailto:david.yellowlees at jcu.edu.au>) who will provide assistance with applications.

Subject areas include:

Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics
Conservation Planning
Coral Reef Ecology
Coral Reef Oceanography
Ecological Modelling
Human Dimensions and Social-Ecological Systems
Marine Biology
Ocean Acidification and Climate Change
Reef Fish Ecology and Climate Change

Best wishes, Terry

Professor Terry Hughes FAA
ARC Laureate Fellow
Director, ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies
James Cook University, Townsville, QLD 4811
Australia

Twitter: @ProfTerryHughes

Link to Terry Hughes Google Scholar profile<http://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=MhJ2LfsAAAAJ>

Email: terry.hughes at jcu.edu.au<mailto:terry.hughes at jcu.edu.au>
Phone: 61 (0)7 4781 4000
Website: http://www.coralcoe.org.au/postdocs/terry-hughes

ABC TV (Catalyst): Future response of the Great Barrier Reef to climate change (8 minutes)
http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/3576802.htm