[Coral-List] PAT tags

sam garrard samanthagarrard at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 25 12:06:42 EDT 2014

I am looking at using a combination of mechanical and PAT tags to study the distribution and behaviour of yellowfin tuna and marlin. I am looking at purchasing 20 PAT tags each year over the next couple of years. These will be attached to both inshore and offshore yellowfins, as we have a theory that those which move inshore remain close to Ascension Island for some time.. If people that have used PAT tags on fish such as these can provide information on what tags to go for and any other useful information this would be much appreciated.

Samantha Garrard, PhD

Senior
Marine & Fisheries Scientist

Marine & Fisheries Unit

Conservation Department

Ascension Island Government

Conservation Centre | Georgetown | Ascension Island

SOUTH ATLANTIC OCEAN | ASCN 1ZZ

Samantha.Garrard at ascension.gov.ac