[Coral-List] Marine Program Assistant, Wildlife Conservation Society
ksephton at wcs.org
Tue Jun 3 10:27:42 EDT 2014
*Marine Program Assistant*
*Wildlife Conservation Society*
*Bronx,* *New York*
The primary objective of the Marine Program Assistant position is to assist
in the general programmatic and administration of the Wildlife Conservation
Society’s Global Marine Program. The position is based at the Bronx Zoo in
New York City. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
*Reports to: *Director, Marine Conservation
· Work with field staff and various WCS departments to assist
program in grants management, preparation of proposals, coordination of
grant reporting, and ensuring compliance with grant guidelines and
· Assist Budget Officer and financial staff in compiling any
necessary accounting reports. Assist Program staff in compiling and
maintaining annual program budgets.
· Ensure that Program grant proposal applications and reporting is
on schedule by assisting Program Officer, Budget Officer, Deputy Director,
field staff and legal counsel with grant and contract review.
· Provide assistance to writing and editing reports and
communications for field programs, donors and general public. Maintain
program files and databases, including grants, contracts and consulting
· Manage marine program publication, image and project digital
file system and serve as point person for distribution of promotional
· Coordinate and provide administrative and logistical support to
the Marine Program in NY and Marine field staff members in 20 countries
throughout the world, including arranging accommodations for NY and
visiting field staff, assist in processing visa and travel documentation,
coordination of activities for visitors and visiting field staff with other
WCS departments and divisions.
· Follow up on procurement orders and pack equipment for shipment
to Marine field offices, at times accompanying visitors and materials to
airports, and coordinating documentation.
· Provide support to Marine Budget Officer, Program Officer,
Deputy Director, including, but not limited to, processing related
paperwork and requests for disbursements; processing payments for invoices
and stipends, prepare check and wire requests for reimbursements and
· Prepare, process and manage consultancy contracts and sub-grant
*MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:* Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to work in a team (which is largely based outside of the NY
- Service oriented and able to react to varied requests in a timely
- Commitment to follow through and quality control.
- 1-2 years of experience in non-profit administration, financial
management or similar preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, including responsiveness to multiple,
simultaneous projects and demands; ability to set and follow priorities,
and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to
work with a wide variety of people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong writing skills required. Ability to produce clear and concise
- Foreign language fluency highly desirable, but not mandatory.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
For more information about the Marine Program, visit *www.wcs.org/Marine
<http://www.wcs.org/Marine>*. To apply, email CV and cover letter to
*marineprogram at wcs.org
<marineprogram at wcs.org>* and *pwatim at wcs.org* <pwatim at wcs.org>. Please also
apply online via http://www.wcs.org/about-us/careers.aspx/
*Application Deadline:* 5:00PM June 30th, 2014.
More information about the Coral-List