[Coral-List] a couple new articles of possible interest

frahome at yahoo.com frahome at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 29 04:36:55 EDT 2014

While reading Charles Sheppard article on famine and food insecurity I noticed there was no mention to a possible shift in diets among the potential solutions to starvation and overfishing.
I have the suspect that with the recent developments  in the field of agro-ecology in tropical climate, more could be done to produce food, including proteins, using sustainably managed and well designed "food forests" based on food producing plants arranged in a fashion that mimics natural ecosystems as much as possible (something that was already done in the past in some tropical areas of the world). I believe this aspect has the potential to be an important piece of the puzzle, deserving more attention worldwide.

Kind regards
Francesca