[Coral-List] IPCC and coral reefs

Eugene Shinn eugeneshinn at mail.usf.edu
Thu May 15 15:00:48 EDT 2014

Steve, Have you ever met a scientist that did not have an ideology? In
my experience with thousands of scientists both industry, government,
and academia, I can't recall any who did not have an ideology of one
sort or another be they Christians, Moslems, Buddists, Hindu, atheist,
etc. A scientist can always claim his or her  results are statistical
correct and pure but remember the scientist still decides what subject
to work on in the first place. It can work both ways. We both pretty
much know where most coral reef scientists heads are. I would not expect
them to read the
NIPCC report even thou it has a large coral reef section based on peer
reviewed literature. You can find that in chapter 6
http://climatechangereconsidered.org/  The reader should be remindned
that all the media buzz about the IPCC report is based on the Summary
for Policy Makers which was not written by the scientists who wrote the
IPCC report.  Gene

--

No Rocks, No Water, No Ecosystem (EAS)
E. A. Shinn, Courtesy Professor