[Coral-List] political arguments on coral-list

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Thu May 22 14:59:48 EDT 2014

   I thought that baselines were almost impossible to ascertain, but let's say
   that 45% was about right. I don't know if coral cover  now is 4%, but I
   would hate to think of what it would be if there were no marine parks or if
   coral reef management was left for the private sector to determine without
   (government) oversight. To suggest that Billy and/or NOAA have no idea what
   they are doing is blatantly unfair. It is not like they had a free hand to
   manage as they saw fit without restraint. Even if they did, the proposition
   would undoubtedly remain highly complex.   Steve