[Coral-List] corals show increased ability to withstand heat in experiments

Tim Brown - NOAA Affiliate tim.brown at noaa.gov
Fri May 23 15:29:17 EDT 2014

Since there are "Reef Replenishment" programs in certain areas where corals
are grown and out-planted onto denuded reefs, I was wondering if we had
started "artificially selecting" such stress-tolerant species as described
above for these reef renourishment programs?

I'd like to hear from anyone involved in such coral farms how their
broodstock is selected.....its such a very interesting subject!  And seems
like a direct, "hands-on" solution to helping restore healthy reefs...

thanks!
Tim