[Coral-List] Fwd: IPCC and reefs

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Sat May 24 19:01:37 EDT 2014

I agree, I think this is a good discussion, and I hope more people who
normally don't post will post their thoughts.  It does take a lot of
knowledge and expertise to figure out much of the technical aspects of
climate change, and that is not the specialty of most of us.  So we would
appreciate those who do have the knowledge and expertise, posting to inform
us when there is something that needs correcting.   Thanks!   Cheers,  Doug

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Gregor Hodgson <gregorh at reefcheck.org>wrote:

> I am thoroughly enjoying and learning from the recent conversations on
> coral list. If we cant debate the politics of coral reefs here -- then
> where? The climate change deniers are well funded and well organized and
> highly political. If climate change believers don't carefully research and
> track what they are doing, and have answers for their (apparently) well
> documented arguments -- then we lose.
>
> A few years back at UCLA there was a debate with Bjorn Lomborg about
> climate change and my poorly prepared former colleagues lost because they
> underestimated how knowledgeable he is and how well researched his
> arguments.
>
> Bickering IS annoying -- lets debate the facts -- no personal attacks
> please.
>
> Gregor
> --
> Gregor Hodgson, PhD
> Executive Director, Reef Check
> PO Box 1057, Pacific Palisades CA USA
> Tel: +310-230-2371
> Skype: gregorh001
> Email: gregorh at reefcheck.org

Douglas Fenner
Contractor with Ocean Associates, Inc.
PO Box 7390
Pago Pago, American Samoa 96799  USA

phone 1 684 622-7084

"belief in climate change is optional, participation is not."

website:  http://independent.academia.edu/DouglasFenner

Blog:
http://cctus.org/conservation-science/2014-expedition-scholar/2014-expedition-scholar-douglas-fenner-ph-d/2014-expedition-scholar-blog/