[Coral-List] The public, wikipedia, holocene temperatures

David Obura dobura at cordioea.net
Wed May 28 10:47:51 EDT 2014

Hi Ian,

This is a great post Ian ... in searching for information on general marine science/conservation in the last few years I've also noticed how often Wikipedia is the first port of call for search engines. I've also noticed that there are some incredibly informative pages set up by very credible and professional groups - these obviously go through the same peer process as others, but at least it is balanced heavily by good expertise, and survive any mangling that may happen from 'less informed' contributors.

Along with social media-ing, perhaps we should also be writing wikipedia pages on the topics closest to our professions, and following the process so that they survive the edits that will no doubt be imposed over time.

regards, David

CORDIO East Africa
#9 Kibaki Flats, Kenyatta Beach, Bamburi Beach
P.O.BOX 10135 Mombasa 80101, Kenya
www.cordioea.net ; Email: dobura at cordioea.net; davidobura at gmail.com
Mobile: +254-715 067417; skype dobura; Twitter @dobura