[Coral-List] Why a Month of the Reef

Arrecifes de coral corales2006 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 5 14:54:37 EST 2014

Today in Colombia, the Foundation ICRI Colombia started a virtual exhibit of photos and videos of Colombian Coral Reefs #MesDelArrecife.
We explain why is necessary that We keep the enthusiasm to improve local coral reef management effectiveness.* Because it is necessary to inform the Colombians that We STILL have ALIVE, HEALTHY and BEAUTIFUL coral reefs.* Because we are now more scientists who multiply knowledge on how to improve the effectiveness of reef management* Because communities of artisanal fishermen and tour operators are reporting their daily observations to us and We inform the decision makers* Because the general public is asking the Government  more reef protection (less pollution, less coral destruction and less overfishing)* Because we need to remind the developers that true sustainable development is the protection of our ecosystems to improve economically Colombia national and international tourism sector. Thus, future generations can enjoy what we inherit them.
Follow us @ArrecifesCoral y https://www.facebook.com/ICRI.COLOMBIAhttp://icri-colombia.blogspot.com/2014/10/apertura-del-mesdelarrecife.htmlNohora Galvis