[Coral-List] Continuing observation of Sargassum natans and fluitans

MelissaE Keyes melissae.keyes at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 12:53:54 EDT 2014

 Hello, Listers,

The Sargassum is still floating in, but has changed sides of the island, from south to north.  St. Croix is 45 km long, and at its' widest, 12 km, being wedge shaped, with the pointy end facing east.

The shoreline and beaches on the southern coast have weed about knee deep, and five meters or more out to sea.  Rather a lot.

I am wondering about the Gulf Stream.  I read recently about findings that the deep oceans have not become warmer, while the upper level is much warmer.  Is the so called cooling engine, currents, of world's oceans becoming weak?

Cheers,

Melissa