[Coral-List] Continuing observation of Sargassum natans and fluitans

Chuanmin Hu huc at usf.edu
Sat Oct 11 12:13:40 EDT 2014

this year appears worse than 2011. Anyway, again for your information
this link helps monitor the large slicks of Sargassum in near real-time
every day:
http://optics.marine.usf.edu/cgi-bin/optics_data?roi=ECARIB&current=1

The outstanding color coded slicks on the AFAI images are thought to be
Sargassum or other floating materials, and the CI images show
circulation patterns using ocean color as the tracing index. Clicking on
the GE button underneath the image will bring the image AND surface
currents (from the HYCOM model) to Google Earth so you can navigate.

Cheers, Chuanmin