[Coral-List] Picture Randomization Software

Christopher Rillahan crillahan at umassd.edu
Fri Oct 17 12:29:15 EDT 2014

Hello Nicole,

Unfortunately, I am unaware of any commercial or off-the-shelf products.

However from a programming/coding perspective this seems like a relatively simple process. For video analysis I commonly use the OpenCV libraries in Python. The code steps would be to first determine the number of frames in your video. Second, run a random number generator constrained to the number of frames in video. Then search, return and save the frame number from the random number generator to a jpeg. This would probably only require a couple dozen lines of code. I understand that this may not be very user-friendly if your not familiar with python.

If you can't find another alternative, we could probably develop something easily if your interested.

Chris

Christopher Rillahan
Program Manager - Fisheries
School for Marine Science and Technology
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
706 South Rodney French Boulevard, New Bedford MA 02744
Tel.(508) 910-6323 or (978)360 -3550, Email: crillahan at umassd.edu