[Coral-List] Why we are failing to repair coral reefs

Peter Sale sale at uwindsor.ca
Mon Oct 20 13:02:40 EDT 2014

Hi,
I recently penned a comment on why we are, for the most part, failing in
our efforts to repair and sustain coral reefs, despite the efforts of many
dedicated and hard-working people.  It appeared in Reef Encounter, the
on-line news journal of ISRS, and many readers of this list will have seen
it already.  Thinking it might be worth wider dissemination, I've now put
it up on my blog, with some pretty pictures attached.  You can access the
blog at www.petersalebooks.com/?p=1708  and you can see the original in
Reef Encounter which can be downloaded from the ISRS website at
http://coralreefs.org/  Reef Encounter has lots of interesting content
(perhaps even more interesting than my comment)!

If you are a member of ISRS, you could also think of nominating someone to
the ISRS Council, and if you are not a member, think about joining this
international coral reef science community.

Peter Sale

sale at uwindsor.ca                 @PeterSale3
www.uwindsor.ca/sale           www.petersalebooks.com