[Coral-List] Why we are failing to repair coral reefs

Nicole Crane nicrane at cabrillo.edu
Tue Oct 28 12:59:49 EDT 2014

Hi Georgina,

check out our project: onepeopleonereef.ucsc.edu

we work directly with people to support MMA development.  We ask them
what they need, but make it clear they are the ones who will be
developing and implementing the plans.  We do alot of community building
and especially connect the people with traditional management, and
explain in scientific terms why it was effective. This connection with
their past successes seems to really energize them - and especially the
youth.

Happy to discuss more if you'd like!

take care and good luck with your work

Nicole