[Coral-List] Threatened corals Can we tel them apart?

Vassil Zlatarski vzlatarski at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 02:46:48 EDT 2014

Dear Coral Friends,

The colleagues' suggestions in previous postings are really essential.
Now will be great our forum to hear the vision of Kieran Suckling,
CBD’s Executive Director about the existing situation and possible
solutions.

By the way, species identification in Atlantic corals also has
difficulties.  To mention just Mycetophyllia ferox.  The species is
described with distinguishable characters, but some times parts of
colonies show characters of other species of Mycetophyllia.  The
phenotypical anchoring of this genus is not resolved, not to mention
lack of necessary knowledge of the other sources of information for
contemporary integrative taxonomy.

Cheers,

Vassil

Vassil Zlatarski