[Coral-List] Follow-up: NOAA lists 20 new corals

Jennifer Moore - NOAA Federal jennifer.moore at noaa.gov
Tue Sep 9 08:34:40 EDT 2014

Hi Terry,
Thanks for the follow-up.  I did not mean that we believe that all of the
petitioned corals occur withing US waters.  That is what the petitioner
used as a filter for identifying the corals for which they petitioned us.
 Through our status review we verified the ranges of the corals.  Those
species with documented occurrence in US waters are identified in the table
on page 2 of this fact sheet (
http://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/stories/2014/08/docs/corals_fact_sheet.pdf).
Cheers,
Jennifer