[Coral-List] Miami 'Deep Dredge' Coral Health and Bleaching Report

Ian Zink izink at rsmas.miami.edu
Mon Sep 15 14:28:50 EDT 2014

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1279381/biscayne-bay-dredge-compliance-assist.pdf

http://www.joc.com/sites/default/files/u467671/Biscayne-Bay-Dredge.pdf

The dredging project, along with its various impacts to local marine
life (including various types of corals) has been an ongoing issue of
contention.  The state of florida has repeatedly contacted the USACE
regarding their sub-standard methods, lack of reporting of critical
incidents, where spoils have been placed, etc etc....see 2 examples above.