[Coral-List] Reassessing Coral Reefs

Peter Sale sale at uwindsor.ca
Wed Apr 1 14:01:20 EDT 2015

Hi listers,
The issue of sport divers not knowing the difference between a living,
healthy reef and a dead reef is real, and a sad commentary on our times.
The main reason Alena Szmant and I put together the booklet, Reef
Reminiscences, in 2012, was because I realized that large numbers of
younger reef researchers and managers had never seen a healthy reef.  In
it, 12 older researchers reminisce about reefs they worked on when they
were young.
Perhaps the dive industry could also make use of it.  Its available for
download at http://www.petersalebooks.com/?page_id=1428
Its even free.  And it even has the story of Jack Randall's first wetsuit.

Peter Sale

sale at uwindsor.ca                 @PeterSale3
www.uwindsor.ca/sale           www.petersalebooks.com