[Coral-List] Reassessing Coral Reefs

Alex Brylske brylske at me.com
Thu Apr 2 21:40:11 EDT 2015

John:

This is precisely the issue. I was diving with my research class today off Key West. We had green water, 15-feet of vis and the “reef," of course, is nothing but non-descript carbonate rock covered with macroalgae. There were also several new tourist divers aboard from Michgan. Their comment: “That was awesome!” But I’d probably say the same thing if I had never even seen the ocean before, and was up to my armpits in snow last week.

Alex