[Coral-List] Co2 risks for coral reefs

Eugene Shinn eugeneshinn at mail.usf.edu
Thu Aug 20 14:45:00 EDT 2015

Peter I agree, As you know. and pretty much say in your post, If we stop
CO2 emissions tomorrow it will stay in the atmosphere (but likely at
slightly reduced levels) to the end of the century. If Co2 really is
killing corals then they will be gone anyway. Like it or not we are
pretty much stuck with fossil fuels for the next several decades
regardless any decisions made in Copenhagen. Best thing we can do is
continue to manage what we have now. Gene

--

No Rocks, No Water, No Ecosystem (EAS)
E. A. Shinn, Courtesy Professor