[Coral-List] CO2 risks for coral reefs

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 25 15:54:30 EDT 2015

   Accepting the status quo and continuing to manage coral reefs as best we can
   is  only  acceptable  if  one finds it satisfactory to do nothing when
   confronted with a confirmable and transcendent crisis. At the moment there
   still seems to be cause for hope, but time is running out. I don't see how
   people of conscience have any choice but to advocate for a comprehensive and
   proactive approach as Peter suggests. We can all come up with reasons to
   doubt and question the current level of national and international will to
   take  on  this  challenge,  but  that  in no way justifies inaction or
   indifference.