[Coral-List] ISRS Logo Design Contest
kiho at american.edu
Mon Aug 31 08:12:49 EDT 2015
ISRS Logo Competition
The International Society for Reef Studies announces a competition’s mission, “… to promote the production and dissemination of scientific knowledge and understanding of coral reefs, both living and fossil.”
Guidelines & Rules
1. The competition:
- Participants will submit logo designs to represent the International Society for Reef Studies (ISRS). The winning design will be used as the official logo for the Society.
- The competition opens on September 1 and closes on December 20, 2015.
- The logo should capture the iconic nature of coral reefs wherever those reefs occur.
2. Who is eligible:
- This contest is open to all members of ISRS and each member may submit up to three entries to the competition.
3. Judging panel:
- The winning entry will be selected by a panel that comprises executive members and councilors of the ISRS. Their decision will be final and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
- 13th ICRS (2016) registration fees will be waived for the designer of the winning logo.
- The designer of the logo that receives the most “likes” on the ISRS Facebook page will receive a 50% discount on registration for the 13th ICRS. Should the winning logo also be the most “liked” logo on Facebook, this prize will be given to the second most “liked” logo.
- Prizes will be announced Jan 15, 2016.
5. When to submit:
- The competition opens on September 1 and closes December 20, 2015.
6. How to submit:
- Submit your entry via email to Kiho Kim (kiho at american.edu) with “ISRS Logo Competition” in the subject line.
7. Requirements for entries:
- There are no limitations on colors; however, the logo must look good in both color (if any) and black and white.
- The logo should be approximately 10 x 10 cm (~4 x 4 inches), 300 dpi or higher, and submitted as a JPG or PDF. Both color and black and white versions should be included.
- Entries must be free of signatures or any personal signals.
8. Other Terms and Conditions
- The logo must be original and must not have received any previous awards.
- The work must be created and signed by the artist him/herself.
- Logo design for this competition cannot give rise to any claim for financial compensation.
- The award–winning works become the property of the ISRS from the date they are received. The designer waives any copyright in their design and the ISRS may adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
- The ISRS reserves the right to not use the winning entry as described in these contest guidelines.
- Any person submitting a logo proposal for the competition certifies that he/she is the designer. He/she also certifies that the logo does not infringe the rights of any third party and is not in violation of any copyright. If the winner is determined to have violated any rules, he/she will be required to forfeit or return the prize, even if the determination is made after the prize has been awarded.
- The winner will be informed directly by the ISRS by email.
- By participating in the competition, participants accept all competition rules and agree to be bound by them.
More information about the Coral-List