[Coral-List] Educational Videos Explaining Coral Basics

Richard Waite RWaite at wri.org
Wed Dec 9 17:03:21 EST 2015

Hi again Jeremy (and Coral Listers),

I also remembered a few other coral reef videos WRI has done besides the animated "Polyps in Peril" video at http://www.wri.org/resources/videos/coral-reefs-polyps-peril:

- We made a 4-minute video about the "Reefs at Risk Revisited" report in 2011: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcp3nUpbfXI. It shows the results of our detailed assessment of the status of and threats to the world's coral reefs, including the threat of climate change looking out to 2050. This video is also available in Spanish (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E19pM6Ff3zU) and French (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyVhxyHhSho).

- We made a 13-minute video using Google Earth and the "Reefs at Risk Revisited" results: http://www.wri.org/resources/videos/google-earth-tour-reefs-risk-full-length. The video takes viewers on a tour of 6 coral reef regions and provides an overview of the biodiversity of reef ecosystems, their importance to people and local economies, and the types and magnitudes of threats that reefs face, illustrated with vibrant underwater footage of coral reefs and photos of activities that influence reef condition.

- In addition, the GCRMN did a nice 8-minute video about the "Status and Trends of Caribbean Coral Reefs 1970-2012" report showcasing the report's results and implications (with some great underwater footage) - "From Despair to Repair" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9aWMIexrcs.

Hopefully these are helpful...

All the best,
Rich

Message: 6