[Coral-List] Underwater (in situ) Coral Tagging Systems, What do YOU use?

Charles Delbeek cdelbeek at calacademy.org
Tue Dec 22 11:15:34 EST 2015

There are a number of tags used in the meat industry of various sizes for
pigs, sheep etc with embossed numbers on them. Laminating tags with markers
doesn't work long term because the tags can break off easily and water can
eventually make its way between the lamination.

Or you can just ask the Coral Reef Restoration Foundation what they use.

Best regards,
Charles

*J. Charles Delbeek, M.Sc. *Assistant Curator, Steinhart Aquarium
California Academy of Sciences

Desk: 415.379.5303
Fax: 415.379.5304

*cdelbeek at calacademy.org <cdelbeek at calacademy.org> *www.calacademy.org

55 Music Concourse Dr.

Golden Gate Park

San Francisco CA 94118

Discover nature’s secret language in *Color of Life*, a dazzling new
exhibit—now open.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Rupert Ormond <rupert.ormond.mci at gmail.com