[Coral-List] Underwater (in situ) Coral Tagging Systems, What do YOU use?

Barbara Kojis bkojis at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 28 11:23:26 EST 2015

Greetings Jeremy,
I have used plastic garden tags.  I used a soldering iron to melt numbers in the plastic, drilled a hole in the tag and tied the tags to or adjacent to the coral colonies with fishing line.  It was simple and the tags lasted the year that I needed to have the colonies tagged and looked like they would have lasted a lot longer.  The tags were easy to clean when I needed to read the number.
Good luck with your project.

Barbara Kojis, Ph.D.
Prescott, AZ 86305