[Coral-List] Inquiry about a group of High School Students....Marine Biology Field Experience

Mike Nolan mnolan at rainforestandreef.org
Thu Feb 26 17:35:19 EST 2015

List Members....

Apologies for cross-posting.

I have a group request from a private, all boys High School out of St.
Louis, MO. They would be interested in a Marine Biology/Sea Turtle
experience in the southern or southeast U.S.

Dates, approximately, and with some flexibility....November 8-November
14, 2015.

One big obstacle for them is sheer group size. The group leader says he
will be bring approximately 140 male High School Students.

Does anyone on the list have suggestions for an organization that would
have the interest, facilities and staff to handle a group like this?
They would be willing to use a local hotel for their housing needs. So,
I'm looking for on-site resources....Boats, experienced Guides/Marine
Biology or other Science related Instructors and other Instructional
Resources.

Again, they can travel to any site along the Gulf coast, or se Atlantic
Coast. The Florida Keys would also work very well for them.

This Group would be pleased to work with a College or University that
has a Marine facility. not a requirement though.

Also, is not allowed by Aministration to fly. They will be traveling by
buses and can travel a great distance. Leaving the U.S. is not an
option, so they are limited to the entire Gulf Coast OR the southeast
U.S. for their November experience.

I don't think that a cruise in the Caribbean would be an option, unless
there is something out there that I am not aware of.

Thank you in advance.

Mike Nolan

--

If we are on another line or away from the phone, please leave your number, best time to return your call and your e-mail address.

After hours and weekend phone appointments are available upon request.

Sincerely,

J. Michael Nolan, Director

Rainforest and Reef

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.

-Thomas H. Huxley

PLEASE CONFIRM THE RECEIPT OF THIS E-MAIL. THANK YOU.

"Outstanding-Affordable Field Courses in Rainforest & Marine Ecology"

References/Comments from past Group Leaders and Individual Participants can be found at:
http://rainforestandreef.org/past-group-leaderparticipant-comments.html, many more available upon request.

U.S.:
Rainforest and Reef
161 Main St.
Coopersville, MI 49404
International Phone from outside the U.S. or Canada: 011.616.604.0546
Phone: 1.616.312.5744
Skype: rainforestandreef
E-mail:mnolan at rainforestandreef.org  ortravelwithrandr at gmail.com
Note: Please send inquiries to both e-mail addresses
Web:http://rainforestandreef.org  (under revision for 2015 and beyond)

Europe:
Rainforest and Reef
Haguenau, France
Att: Marion Stephan
Local/International Phone: 49.0.177.1747485
Skype: walli044
E-mail:mstephan at rainforestandreef.org